Bodhi Blog - Blind Dogs - 2008 Archive
- October 29, 2008 - Today is the one year anniversary of Mia joining the family. She has done so well over the past year and gets along great with Raudi and Bodhi. She has the sweetest and most gentle personality I have ever seen in a dog. I don't know what I would have done without her after losing Elley. Mia was a great comfort during that time.
- October 11, 2008 - After spending over a month in the house, I have officially adopted Raudi (or Raudi Audi). He is one crazy dog (hence the name), but he helps keep Mia more active and brings out her playful side a lot. Oddly enough, Elley, Bodhi, and Mia all joined the family in Octobers (of different years). I adopted Elley in October of 1997, Bodhi in October of 2004, Mia in October of 2007, and now Audi in October of 2008. I started considering another dog in August, but it took a while to decide to add a dog after losing Elley. Sometimes it still feels too soon, but time to move on.
- July 11, 2008 - It has been a long year so far with losing two of my babies. The good news is that Bodhi continues to do well. I cannot remember the last time I witnessed a seizure. His thyroid medication was increased to 0.6mg twice a day about a month ago. I have finally put a full page dedicated to Elley online. It is far from finished but online for anyone to read while I continue to work on it - I apologize if it is overly negative. It may just be too soon. There are two videos of Elley on the page with Bodhi in one of them.
- June 29, 2008 - Bodhi turned 4 years old today. I still cannot believe it has been 4 years and that he is doing so amazingly well considering his several mental condition. He is such a happy dog and makes me laugh often. I hope he has many more birthdays!
- June 13, 2008 - Teaka, my 18 year old cat died today shortly after 3:00pm. She had been suffering from heart failure or multiple strokes or aneurysms shortly after Elley died on May 7, 2008.
- May 7, 2008 - Bodhi's adopted sister, Elley, died after being diagnosed with an atypical lymphoma, carcinoma, and cardiomyopathy in February. In the end she died of heart failure. A full page dedicated to Elley will be added in the near future. I miss you Elley and wish I stayed up with you all night.
- January 21, 2008 - Bodhi has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Since his first blood tests over 3 years ago, Bodhi's thyroid always been low. However now his levels are below normal and he has been placed on 0.4mg of Soloxine twice a day. His level will be rechecked February 18, 2008. Overall Bodhi has been doing well without any witnessed seizures. He has been a little more aggressive, however this is likely due to a new dog which joined the family October 29, 2007. Since Mia is also blind, she bumps into Bodhi at times when he is experiencing high anxiety, which has causes some near-fights.